Saturday, March 15, 2008

Oh no! My car ate my tax rebate


CNN reports: Rising gasoline prices means that up to a third of your stimulus rebate check - designed to boost the U.S. economy through spending at stores, restaurants and other businesses - could be spent buying gasoline, most of which is imported from abroad...

I wish Molly Ivins were still alive so she could say "I told you so!" She pointed out in her book, "Bushwhacked" that historically, every business that GW touched broke and went belly up. His dad had to bail him out of everything. And yet, we elected him as president of the United States. What else would you expect.

I'll bet he and Dick Cheeny and the senior officals in his administration have taken the profits they have somehow managed to slip past the sleeping public and invested in one of the new man-made islands in Dubai. KaChing!

No comments: