Saturday, July 29, 2006

Democrats prospective for the upcoming election

I had the opportunity to meet a lot of Bush/Christian supporters recently. You would think that with all the bad news, they might begin to have a change of heart. The only problem is they don't watch the news or they watch Fox News. They live in a bubble and are clueless about what is happening in the world. As far as they know, he's still doing a great job and have not heard otherwise. That's a problem folks. That's why one of our fore fathers said something like, " For a democracy to work you have to have an informed electorate." That' why we are in trouble. People care more about celebrity gossip than they do their civic duty. I'm going to work in the upcoming election. Granted, it my former youth, I would not have considered doing this at all. During the Viet Nam war, when it was popular to protest ( OK, I was shallow ), maybe, yes, I might have. But there are tons of Baby Boomers that are clueless about the world at large and they have no excuse. What happened to our generation? We got caught up in materialism...

No comments: