Monday, May 28, 2007

What Can I Do

I'm not an expert on Climate Change. But as I read Tim's book, I am deeply moved and troubled. What can one person do? The picture he paints does not look good from what I've read so far. I'm starting chapter four. I think the underlying message in this book so far is that the future is uncertain. Whether man survives or not will depend of whether we are able to make changes quickly to cut CO2 emissions and other greenhouse gases that we are pouring into the atmosphere. The future will depend on how fast we are able to do this. And this in turn will be the deciding factor as to whether or not our species survives. Some will die because of climate change. That is almost certain. How many will die is the unknown... I can't read this book and believe otherwise.

No comments: