Sunday, April 02, 2006

George Bush and renewable energy


Well I'm a believer in giving credit where credit is due. I have to admit that I am a "renewable news junkie" I read/scan any good news I can find on the development of renewable energy as an alternative to fossil fuels. I came across something I didn't know about our president, George Bush.

Today I was reading a summary by
The Australian Wind Energy Association. According to this report, Texas, under then governor, George Bush, adopted one of the most progressive RPS (Renewable Portfolio Standards) in the country. They were leaders in creating "feed-in" tariffs that allowed producers of wind energy to connect to the grid and make it profitable to generate electricity.
That is one of those little known facts about Texas and our president...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think they should also look into Plasma Gasification technology for waste disposal. Plasma Gasification Process can process efficiently (i.e. with no pollution) virtually any waste materials and turn them into energy-rich fuel.