Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Wall Street Green Trading Summit


You know what they say... "Follow the money" and you'll find out what's really happening behind the scene. So that is what I have been doing. So, Keep your Eye on the Bali Conference.

We recently watched the National Geographic show called,
"Six Degrees" which goes over the difference each degree makes for our planet. One thing stood out especially which said basically that we have to fight Global Warming, like we fought in World War II if we are going to have a chance to survive. In a way, I took heart at that. United States drug their feet when it came to entering WW II. But once we did, we entered the war with a vengeance. I was humbled when I watched Ken Burns recent series on World War II. I was overwhelmed by the selflessness of so many men and women who gave their lives for our country or lived through insufferable conditions in order to preserve our way of life. What we need is an awakening... Hopefully that awakening will occur before we have crossed the threshold of no return. Unlike my husband, I am an eternal optimist. I believe in the creative ingenuity of the human race. I believe in our basic goodness. I believe that we will work as one to combat our mistakes of the past. My family laughs at my naïveté. Oh well... we can only be who we are.

No comments: