Sunday, January 27, 2008

Some food that are doused in pesticides


According to Daily Green, here are some foods that are doused in so many pesticides that the organic version would be a wiser consumer choice. I'm a vegetarian and so these are some of the foods I eat on a regular basis. Thankfully, I live near a Whole Foods. I also shop at Publix. They are getting a better and better selection. I know Walmart is "supposed" to be going green. I am not a fan of Walmart. I feel like I'm going into the back part of a grocery store, where only employees go, when I shop there. But I am glad to see that they are starting to carry more organic foods. I know that there are issues surrounding their presence in this market. They can drive down standards in the effort to drive down prices. But anything we can do to eliminate the pesticides we are pouring into the environment will help. So the more hands the better. Sometimes we just have to hold our noses and accept that everyone needs to become part of the change that has to take place.

No comments: